The Ohiocrosscountry.org was established in 2004 to promote and champion Middle School athletics by creating and providing state level events for them to compete in. These events aim to provide valuable transferable experiences for student-athletes. All Ohiocrosscountry.org events must promote “Ship Building” skills, SportsmanSHIP, LeaderSHIP and FriendSHIP. All Ohiocrosscountry.org events must be inclusive and encourage participation. Teams and athletes should never be forced to qualify for an Ohiocrosscountry.org event.
Code of Conduct
All Directors, Meet Managers, Board Of Directors, Coaches and all others performing services for, on behalf of, or under the direction of Ohiocrosscountry.org are required to abide by the Code of Conduct as set out herein, in addition to any other requirements imposed by separate written agreement. Specifically, all such persons shall be bound to faithfully observe each and every one of the following.
Code of Ethics
Directors, Meet Managers, Board Of Directors, Coaches and all others performing services for, on behalf of or under the direction of Ohiocrosscountry.org shall help create an environment in which primary emphasis is placed upon the emotional and physical well-being and skill improvement of the athletes, rather than winning. Each such person shall lead by example and shall demonstrate the value of fair play and sportsmanship to all participants, shall follow all Ohiocrosscountry.org and State Associations rules, and shall instruct Athletes and parents so that they understand and abide by them as well.
Ohiocrosscountry.org shall maintain such liability insurance as it desires with respect to events sponsored by Ohiocrosscountry.org, and any other liability insurance or other insurance as may deem Necessary. In such amounts, of such types of coverage, and with such deductibles as venues may require.
Board of Directors
- The Board of directors for Ohiocrosscountry.org are appointed for a term of 4 years.
- They must Attend all monthly board and committee meetings and functions, and be prepared to participate.
- Stay informed about board and committee matters; review and comment on minutes and reports.
- Stay informed about the organization's mission, services, policies, and programs.
- Keep up-to-date on developments in the organization's field.
- Follow developments that may affect the organization.
- Serve on committees and offer to take on special assignments.
- Make a personal commitment to the success of the organization.
- Participate in organizational fundraising if needed.
- Inform others about the organization and promote middle school athletics whenever possible.
- Get to know other members, parents and coaches and build working relationships that contribute to the growth of the organization.
- Suggest nominees to the board who can make significant contributions to the work of the board and the organization.
- Participate actively in the board’s annual evaluation and planning efforts.
Current Board Members
- Jim Clay - President 419-771-9508
- Aaron Hatfield - Vice President
- Sarah Stemen - Secretary/Head of Registration 419-203-8641
- Rick Clay - Treasurer